Saturday, November 26, 2011

Two Big Months of Activity

My New Job

In September, just before the school holidays I was asked to work on a part time basis at the beautiful jewellry shop called Diamonds Exclusive.  I love working there - I love all the diamonds and I enjoy the interaction with the tourists who visit the store.
Here I am behind the counter at work

Norfolk Island Rescue Squad's 20th Anniversary
On the 11 of September there was a function at Government House to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Norfolk Island's Volunteer Rescue Squad which is headed by my friend Melissa Graham.  Again, it was a delightful evening outside in the gardens of Government House and we enjoyed it very much.
Anna, Melissa and me at Government House

Rob in his new suit
When Elvis Came to Town

It seems like September was Elvis month on Norfolk Island.  There was an Elvis impersonator competition that included local contestants as well as from Australia and New Zealand.  There was even a female impersonator as well.  Rob and I didn't attend the actual competition but we did get to two of the Elvis shows - one at the RSL and the other at Paradise with two different Elvis'.
Fenella and me at the RSL Elvis Sow

Rob and me at the Paradise Show

The Paradise Elvis show was much better than the RSL one

Norfolk Island Police Force's 80th Anniversary

I was quite busy in October as well.  First there was the Norfolk Island Police's 80 Anniversary held on the 14 October.  Over 20 AFP members and former Norfolk Island Police members came to Norfolk Island for a dinner at Government House to celebrate.  It was a great night and the big winners of the evening was Melissa's Norfolk Island Rescue Squad which was the recipient of all the "fines" which were paid throughout the evening. 

Rob and me in our finery

Melissa, Glenn and me at Governor's Lodge

Norfolk Island Garden Club Winners Tour

The next day was the annual Norfolk Island Garden Club awards where all the club members and guests boarded two buses and toured all the winning gardens.

Elizabeth and me beside a gorgeous wisteria

A view from one of the winning gardens

Gorgeous Norfolk Island looking at Hibiscus Drive
Andrew's 14th Birthday

That evening Andrew had his 14th birthday party with his friends.  They were well fed with nachos and pizza and loads of coke to drink.  Sarah, again, made his pinata birthday cake which is devine.  Andrew stayed awake all night as per ususal although his friends nodded on and off during the night and the next day.



Bridge Ladies Birthday Lunch

At the end of the month the Bridge girls went to have lunch at Sublime for a birthday lunch.  Annie Walker, Annie Foote and Cherisse all have birthdays in late October so it was as good a time as any to get out together outside of the Bridge morning.  Lunch, of course was sublime - ha.


Bridesmaid's Premier
In November the Quota club hosted a night at the movies which was showing Bridesmaids.  Everyone was invited to dress as a bridesmaid, bride or flower girl which most did.  Here is Candida the Bride, Mel the Bridesmaid and me, the mother of the bride!!!  The movie wasn't as funny as I was told, but at least at this cinema we were able to bring in our bubbly and I won the major raffle prize of a necklace and matching earrings.  Cristina made the lovely wedding cake which we all enjoyed at the end of the movie.



















4250

No comments:

Post a Comment